June 25, 2014

Hail And Farewell; Death Of An Android

Today we memorialize my first, late Android phone (2010-2014) with a selection of photographs which were taken in the days and weeks leading up to its tragic demise.

Upon returning home to The Ranch from the Fault In Our Reds Stars evening (the swingset scene always gets me), I uploaded that evening's photos to my desktop computer (yes, I still have one of those) and tucked snugly into bed.  I awoke the next morning to find my Android experiencing a reboot seizure that was continuous, lasting for several uninterrupted hours.  I did try to give my little 'Droid CPR by rhythmically sliding its keyboard in and out, to no avail.  The Android's condition ultimately proved to be fatal later in the afternoon.

I blame Tony Cingrani.

Herewith, my Android's final photos.




Above, Great American Ball Park post post-game fireworks on May 23rd, 2014.  The lights of Newport, Kentucky seen at distance beyond the mighty Ohio River. 






I do not now recall what images were being displayed upon the ballpark scoreboards but my Android captured them - and the ballyard - in full U2 PopMart brilliance.

I believe it was James Watt - or perhaps James May - who said "Boredom is the mother of invention." Hence, the photo below of a desolate Fiat-Chrysler service department waiting room:




The chairs are comfy, Cardinal Fang.

Shopping excursions to Jungle Jim's International Market are always adventurous.  One never knows just what one will find:




Who could resist the siren song of toxic-green Bug Barf?  Particularly when it is sold by the bottle?  It has a picture of a barfing bug on the label (as you can see).  It's SODAsgusting.  My true aim for perusing the soft drink precinct at Jungle Jim's was to stock up on Mexican Coca-Cola.  I picked up a six-pack:




OK.  You got me.  I cannot tell a tall tale, as was said by George Washington.  Or was it Richard Hammond?  I grabbed two.....




From the Dog Bites Man school of journalism:




Wow!  No Kidding!  There's a shocking headline.  Similarly:




Notify Jeremy Clarkson.  There may be some considerable dispute as to this quoted assertion.


*********

In other news, The Fault In Our Reds Stars was a smashing success!



Nearly 70 page views in one day alone.  That might have set a Heavy Artillery record.  Usually, postings that feature The Incomparable Joe Wilhelm are wildly popular.  This time, it must have been due to the inclusion of Mr's & Mrs' Kuertz & Boo.

Roll the credits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews