May 25, 2016

Made In The Shade, May 2016

Yesterday I was pressed into search and rescue duty to fetch my eldest niece from the penultimate day of her frosh year at high school.


  

It proved to be an idyllic day, the kind one conjures from fond memories or experiences through scripted fictional works.  Sunny, expansive blue skies, breezy and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.  Piloting the Jeep Main Battle Tank onto the school grounds, my arrival was accompanied by a stirring soundtrack of youth:




While the unsuspecting armada of soccer moms were listening, assuredly, to NPR pablum or Country & Western music which - with apologies and proper respect for Hutch - is awful, the Disney XD girls' uncle was rocking out to The Clash.

So fantastic was the weather, later that evening - after a long day at the office - I treated My Dear Elderly Mother to an outdoor dinner at the venerable Hueston Woods Lodge.....




......amidst lengthening shadows and overlooking the placid lake.....




......from a quiet spot in the shade.  Not so unusually for a mid-week evening, we had the place to ourselves.  Mostly:




I call this photograph Caught Between the Moon and Acton Lake.  [Did I just blow my Clash street cred by referencing Christopher Cross?  Hey, I'm doing the best that I can.]

"Finding Goldbug" bonus;  If you study closely enough, you can see both my niece in the photo at her school and my Mom in the photo of the Lodge.

Roll the credits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews