May 16, 2020

It's All Here On The Vinyl



Last summer Lou popped for tickets to see Rush Cinema Strangianto in the theater.  I sported my Test for Echo concert tour t-shirt.




One night only!  The house was full and the film was loud.  I mean LOUD.  No joke, about 15 minutes into the film and my right ear had gone numb.  Great film.  It should be loud.  Just, perchance, a little less deafening next time.

This past February 14, 2020 marked - are you sitting down? - the fiftieth anniversary of the greatest-ever, recorded for eventual album release rock concert: The Who Live at Leeds.  When I sent a text message notification regarding this historic observance to Lou and his family, it spurred a conversation about my having this album on vinyl. I replied to them that I had multiple copies on vinyl (and cassette tape, and compact disc) and that, so I thought at the time, one copy that was pressed on red vinyl.




Here is the photo I texted back of my 3 vinyl copies of Live at Leeds.  The album at left is the 1980's re-issue I had back in high school.  It's also the album I've listened to more than any other in my life.  The other two copies are later variants of collector limited-editions.

Live at Leeds is not simply the greatest live album of all-time, it's the best album of all-time and you don't have to take just my word on the subject.  Read this.

Alas, I do not have a red vinyl copy of Live at Leeds.

I do, however, have an original 1978 red vinyl Canadian-market copy of the Who Are You album.





Roll the credits!

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews