June 7, 2020

The Week That Was

While the world burned last week, I found a quiet corner of peaceful bucolic solitude.




With rioting and looting the national mood I did a double take when I saw the state of collapse that is the erstwhile Attractions.  "No quarter beers, no peace!"




My inside source in the volatile real estate market informs me that this is simply a long-overdue renovation.


  

OPD patrolled High Street while I enjoyed two dips of Graeter's double chocolate chip in the West Park uptown.

When the calendar turned to June and the hoped-for announcement regarding the return of Major League Baseball failed to materialize, longtime HA subscriber Kuertz sent me an exasperated text message on the subject.



It's been a difficult 2018, 2019 and 2020 for Joey Votto and his Hall of Fame credentials.  Let's hope MLB and the Players Union can agree on an 82-game season for 2020 and that Votto bats .360/.485/.600.

The Incomparable Joe Wilhelm expressed the sentiment of Abraham Lincoln's first inaugural address (March 4, 1861):


"We are not enemies, but friends.  We must not be enemies.  Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.  The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."




I Want Revenge!

Roll the credits!

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews